Some Veterans struggle to adapt to civilian life when they leave the Armed Forces. At Stoll we support the most vulnerable Veterans by assessing an individual’s needs and then arranging appropriate support.
This can include a new affordable home to rent, developing people’s skills to enable a Veteran to get a job and supporting people’s health needs. Once a Veteran is living independently, on firm foundations, we support them as they move on from Stoll and always encourage this where possible.
We provide over 250 Stoll affordable homes for vulnerable Veterans to rent. We also arrange accommodation for Veterans through housing associations and local authorities across the country. See our housing pages for more information.
We provide advice and support to Service Leavers and Veterans.
- Our advice services include housing, health, work and benefit entitlements. Stoll’s Outreach Transition Service provides a tailored approach to meeting individuals’ needs, including housing, your transition process and money management.
- Every month we host the Veterans’ Drop – In which provides an opportunity for people, especially Service Leavers, to discuss issues with other Veterans and a wide range of Veterans’ agencies.
- We work in partnership with leading providers of drug and alcohol, and mental health services to the Veterans community, and we can provide access to these and a wide range of other support services.
- Our skills development programmes include language, CV writing and IT classes to help people build their skills and return to work. We offer bespoke employment advice to help people get a civilian job, volunteer role or further training.
- At Stoll we also offer tailored support to enable people to live independently. Around sixty of our residents use our daily Independent Living Service.
- Our Support and Wellbeing pages provide information on the extensive support we offer including a very active programme of social events for residents ranging from tai chi to archery club, from dinners and dances to darts night.