We need more homes
This page is aimed at housing providers interested in providing properties to the Veterans’ Nomination Scheme (VNS) to ensure more Veterans have a place to call home.
Join the VNS today
The Veterans’ Nomination Scheme is a great way for housing associations and social landlords to provide accommodation for ex-Service personnel who need a place to call home. By partnering with landlords across England and Wales, we have arranged homes for more than 450 Veterans. But every year about 1000 Veterans need a home and there is currently a long waiting list of ex-Service personnel looking for an affordable home to rent. That’s why we need more housing providers to join the VNS to ensure Veterans have appropriate housing so that they can get on with their lives after serving in the Armed Forces.
Veterans come to us looking for accommodation across England and Wales. We are particularly keen to provide more homes in the London area. The other areas of highest demand include metropolitan centres including Birmingham and the North West, Devon and Cornwall, garrison towns and other towns and cities where there is a strong military connection.
We would love to hear from you if you would like to offer properties to the VNS by providing a home for a Veteran in need.
T 020 7381 8652
How does the VNS work?
· We ask you to allocate one or more properties to the programme
· We manage referrals, carry out checks on the Veterans and consider who will be appropriate for your accommodation
· We then match a Veteran looking for accommodation in your area/s with the type of accommodation you have available
· You then have the opportunity to interview the Veteran and carry out your own checks
· If there is a good match, the Veteran is asked to sign your tenancy agreement.
By getting involved, you will:
· Give a Veteran the stability of a secure home
· Enable someone who has served their country to reintegrate into civilian life
· Take part in a nationally recognised scheme run by Stoll backed by The Royal British Legion
· Support the Veterans’ community
· Make a demonstrable commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant in your area.
More than 90 partners have joined the VNS enabling Veterans in need of housing to have a place to call home.