Rent and service charges
As a registered social housing provider, Stoll charges rent at a lower price than market rate. Rent is charged weekly in advance and a service charge to cover the upkeep and maintenance of our estates and the extensive communal facilities that all our residents benefit from.
How we set your rent
We follow the Government formula to work out a target rent. The formula applies to rents only, not service charges.
The target rent is based on:
- the average earnings for the area compared to the national average
- the number of bedrooms in your home
- the value of your home in January 1999
How we set service charges
Service charges are part of the total rent and covers the cost of running the scheme in which you live. This includes:
- communal cleaning
- lift servicing
- communal grounds maintenance
- upkeep of all other communal facilities
You will pay additional charges for:
- central heating and hot water
- Council Tax
All of these charges are not eligible for housing benefit and therefore need to be paid to us with your rent and service charge.